Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ spectrum view and other things

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

perhaps you could consider adding those modes to the spectrum:

phase view: see the phase of the harmonics. would be especially cool with testing the non-linear modes.

"3d view" - older frames go up and right by a few pixels

"digital phosphor" - older frames fade out and/or change color (e.g. bright yellow -> dark orange)

Would it be possible to have more "density" in the spectrum on the lowest parts of the spectrum?  Perhaps even at cost of only watching that lowest part?

Also:

would it be possible to have a view of the waveform, like on an oscilloscope? this would be extremely great.

For me, with those additions Curve EQ would make a sort of total sound-discovery tool.  Like another sense, right after hearing and vision.

Thanks for your ideas - I will definitely implement some of them.

'Phase view' is not really meaningful in the case of spectrum analyzer.  I can see phase view useful only to measure phase shift introduced by a filter - and even that is hardly useful to the end-user.  It can be useful to filter developer, only.

Increasing 'density' (resolution) in the lower parts of the spectrum is not so easy to implement than it seems.  In fact, an equal octave-wise resolution is attainable only by using analog-type of analyzer found in Soniformer, for example.  In the case of CurveEQ and its FFT spectrum analyzer, by increasing resolution in the lower spectral parts you will sacrifice time coherence in the higher parts - i.e. higher frequency details won't be updated frequently enough.

As for the oscilloscope view, this looks more like an eye-candy to me than something useful.  So, I won't be focusing on this feature.

FWIW SmartElectronix have a nice oscilloscope for free/donation, I forget the name.  Also there is Scorpion that comes with Cubase (at least it used to) which may be available for download somewhere.  Some of those Cubase plugins are actually freeware (such as Neon, VB-1, Karlette, if you can find them) but I'm not sure about Scorpion.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.