Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Saturation (Limiting and Loudness Maximisation)

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I have just discovered the Input Gain setting, and suddenly the Saturation button makes sense...

Is this similar to a Soft Clipper... in that it is adding harmonics as the sound approaches maximum?

(I am trying to get a handle on this, and I am using Elephant as well, comparing the too and using them together.  I found the loudness maximiser preset on CurveEQ.)

Is anybody else using CurveEQ as a volume maximiser?

In my opinion Saturation (and Input Gain setting) are pretty weak features of CurveEQ and I wanted to remove them in v2.0, but after some requests I left them as they are.  Saturation is not a brickwall limiter like Elephant, but is look-ahead type too.  Indeed it works more like a soft clipper (maybe a bit too soft).

Well, I am driving it pretty hard (well if +6db input gain).

I'll just have to keep listening but it seems to be working with the music I am mixing.

It can sound quite loud without clipping, thought I course I can tell that it is not transparent like Elephant, but at this stage I am messing around with colouration.

Thanks for the reply.

No problems as soon as it sounds right to you!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.