Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Just a little?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi All,

I saw fgimian(s) response with respect to "Edit Mode" in CurveEQ.  I never knew you could do that...wonder what else I don't know?

My material is still sounding AWEFUL after trying to get an "almost straight" spectrum when working in OUTAVG mode.  I'm doing this because I don't have $700 monitors, (I own Samson Resolv 50's), and I'm trying to get the Lows/Highs right!

Is the secret to learning/working with Voxengo software doing thing in small increments? i.e. make an adjustment, boost/cut, at whatever frequency, then use the bypass to check your work, and repeat this with every adjustment?

I'm really not an unintelligent "YANK", just very frustrated about not being able to get a quality sound out of a product I purchased a over a year ago.  Oh, if my bit rate, etc. is wrong someone please let me know!  I record at 32/96 into Adobe Audition 1.5.  Maybe it's my compression technique, (I use Soniformer).  I usually take my mix, do an inital compression, then EQ, do another Mastering compression, then Limit (Elephant).  I'm going by what I've read.

Thanks

I suggest you to use a 1/2 spectrum resolution in CurveEQ.  This way it will be easier for you to see how straight the specturm is.  Do not forget to set the slope to 4 or 5 dB/oct.  It will be easier that way.

Since with CurveEQ you can get any EQ curve I do not see a problem - maybe a bit of experience is needed.  What people usually talking about - EQ is harsh/not harsh - it is 'ace' level.  Generally any EQ will do if you know how to use it.

Soniformer is a bit advanced compressor and it may produce 'wrong' sound (overcompressed, biased towards highs or lows) if not tuned well.

Good monitors and acoustically treated room is a must!  Unfortunately, without these you can only get something like a 'demo' by todays standards.  This is sad, but true.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.