Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ curve eq ver.3!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

any news on V3?

ps: in addition to the suggestions I already made it would be great if CuveEQ would come with some genre specific and carefully created profile files.

Sorry, no news beside the fact we are very close to starting working on a new generation of plug-ins.

From my experience I think EQ 'profiles' are not what can be readily used for new tracks.  I'll think about adding these (so that tool set becomes wider), but I do not think they should be tied to some genres, as EQ picture depends on mixing style and overall sound style more than on the genre.

Just a little request here.  Make all your plugins _fully_ support frequencies up to 96Khz.  The higher the better, but I think 96Khz is enough actually.

What do you really have to gain by all those silly gigh sampling frequencies?  What are you mastering for?  I really cannot understand the recent obsession about such rates.

Do not get me wrong, I do not say that you do not know what you are doing, I just express my 'cluelessness' as to why all people lately are so much addicted to 96kHz and higher.

NiSigma: What do you really have to gain by all those silly gigh sampling frequencies?  What are you mastering for?  I really cannot understand the recent obsession about such rates.

NiSigma: Do not get me wrong, I do not say that you do not know what you are doing, I just express my 'cluelessness' as to why all people lately are so much addicted to 96kHz and higher.

I don't really want to EQ these frequencies, and I certainly cannot hear them.  However I'd like to know what happens to them when I process them with CurveEQ.  I just want to make sure CurveEQ isn't doing anything 'bad' - but I doubt it is.

It won't do anything 'bad' to these higher frequencies even in its current version.  However, at such samplerates, response should be lengthened so that adjustment resolution remains the same.  This will be done.

Aleksey, there are several things I'd like in Curve EQ:

First a few features that I'd love, because Curve EQ is great for heavy sound sculpting.

1.  Putting handles at exact frequencies (by entering a value on the keyboard)

2.  Exact moving of handles: Select handles, press a button, and enter how much higher they should be moved: e.g. you could have a button to moving a group of handles up/down an octave, or up/down through their "original" frequency: if a handle starts out at 1000 Hz, it will go to 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 Hz etc.  This would be great for controlling aliquotes.

3.  Copying the handles.  This is how it would work: select a few handles, press a button, and it will paste a copy of them in, somewhere else

4.  Saving a group of handles: select a group of handles and you can save it.  E.g. this would be a group of handles that boosts a certain freq, then attenuates the third harmonic, then boosts the 4th and 8th harmonic, and attenuates the 7th.

5.  Finally something I dream of: a second view in Curve EQ, which would let me do frequency-dependent phase shift.  This would also be a vieq like in Curve EQ, but putting the curve up or down wouldn't attenuate or boost a certain frequency, it would change the frequency's phase (later/sooner) *withouth boosting or attenuating*.  This would be great, great, great for adding color to lifeless recordings.  I already do that by doing some heavy EQ on a parametric minimal-phase EQ, and then capturing that in Curve EQ and inverting.  When both EQs are on, I get coloration (phase shift) without boosting.  But this is cumbersome, and gives nowhere near the amount of needed control.  Perhaps you remember discussing this with me some time ago, Aleksey.

Some more things:

I don't mind a long latency, even if it's several seconds :) I'd love some great control with the bass, on the other hand.

Thanks,

Damian

Thanks for the ideas..  But frankly saying, I do not think such editing style is a good thing.  I will probably rework handles a bit (maybe I will add a 'tension' parameter), but copying them, or moving them in some predefined way is not what I think is usable.  Exact frequency entry is possible, but I'll have to think about it (I do not want to add a unnecessary burden while this will require some entry box).

As for the phase-shifting, I also have some plans for it.  Of course, such phase-shift will be minimal (+/- 180 degrees), because otherwise this will affect perceived frequency response - some frequencies may sound quieter than the others, if phase-shift is big).

Aleksey Vaneev: As for the phase-shifting, I also have some plans for it.  Of course, such phase-shift will be minimal (+/- 180 degrees), because otherwise this will affect perceived frequency response - some frequencies may sound quieter than the others, if phase-shift is big).

If you *just* shift the phase, you'd have what would essentially amount to te delay-part of an old-style parametric EQ (which would later get mixed with the original signal to create attenuation).  Do you think this would still create attenuation, if it isn't mixed with the original signal?

A scale of +-180 would be nice.  Of course, you can always ask yourself if people who like to really experiment with their music would benefit from more control.  But this isn't your general market, is it? ;)

Why CurveEQ can't work precise with low frequencies?  For example, I want to boost 60hz, but CurveEQ boost all frequencies untill 250-300hz.  Could you fix it?
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.