Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ db changes

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

i'd like to know if its possible to implement a function in Curveeq that would give the total number of db changes (above and below the 0db line) between the first and the second sound files (on screen display or log file). the idea was to have a statistics option after eq was done so you could have all kinds of numeric information between two sound files.  Thanks.

You wish to know the difference between the input and output RMS power?

yes, not two simple db values for left and right chanels, but the total number of positive and negative db changes (differences) between the two sound files.

let me explain the reason i thought of this function.  I have this 15 year song that was copied numerous times during the years, and i have various versions of it. (meaning different copy generations and sounding versions) I also have the original song. i did not copy these versions myself, i got them though numerous sources, so i dont know which is the best sounding version or the one that matches the closest to the original other than by ear. i would like a function that would give me statistics of how many changes are in between each of these versions and the original song, so the one that would have minor changes would be the one that could probably be the lowest source copied from the original. i think this is one way to determine it, at least i couldnt find an audio utility that would do it.thanks.

OK, now I understand.  So, the RMS difference won't help you here.

I suggest you to use SpectruMatch function.  In CurveEQ v2.0 there is a special utility available (invokable via 'F' menu) which can analyze WAV file quickly and create .cqs spectrum files.  You may use these for matching.  Then simply analyze the matching results visually to understand which file has lesser amount of differences.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.