Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor La2a

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Could you give me some settings that you would consider closest to an La2a and a 1176 if you have the time

thanks

It may not be as easy as it seems.  Crunchessor has a very different design to compressors you've mentioned.

I think your right at least on the la2a so far.  I did some tests with the la2a yesterday with Crunch and the Ren Compressor from waves and I was able to get the Rcomp just about as close as you can get doing vocals

Settings were Attack 9.5 Release 60..warm and opto enabled.  My feeling was Crunch was never able to sound smooth enough..but there are so many settings its hard to not get tired trying them all.

With the 1176..I know its operates differently depending in the material.  Would you suggest using any of the filters for vox in Crunch?

Don't give up!  Crunchessor may find its way in your mixes anyway.  Maybe not for vocals, but for synth or other instruments.

Right now I also think that I may add something to Crunchessor which will make it smoother.  This may change its sound a lot, but I'll run a poll before releasing such update.

Hey

I wont give up....this thing is great for so many things.  I guess what I was looking for in this case is that flowing vox sound.  Its hard to describe...but I'll try...its like when tape moves over a head--there is a sense of waves or fluid type sound.  Optos give you that depending on the settings.

You may also try Voxformer - it's has got exactly a feedback (opto) design.

This is an old thread but just in case: Try the new Marquis compressor.  It can do some pretty La-2A:ish smooth leveling.  I especially like the T3 attack with feedback compression.  Make the attack as fast as possible and the release really long (like 2 seconds or more).  This will approximate the La-2a.  Another scenario is to use the T1 attack, again set it as fast as possible and keep release at around 100ms and then tune the 3 release parameters between 0.3 and 0.6 for long, program dependant release.

- bManic

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.