Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor Trouble with transients

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

I personally do not like soft limiters at all but that may be because I use quite heavy compression settings with fast attack on stuff that I want to keep under control and no compression at all on stuff that I want to move freely.  I also often use several compressors in series (usually 2x Sonalksis) if I want subtle transparent control over a signal.

So, my vote is against any kind of soft limiter unless it can be turned off. :)

Btw, once more, I'm getting some truly wonderful results with crunchessor now.  Awesome, awesome update Aleksey!

Cheers!

bManic

OK, thanks..  Hope changing the release stage back won't hurt this. :)

Will release next beta later today.

I've released beta 1.6.2.  With the original release times it should work better now I think.

In fact, release stage is the most 'problematic' one since it is very hardly possible to predict what will be next there in the audio stream.

If you know any information or URL about implementation of the release stage in different compressors (hardware and software) let me know.

bmanic thanks for the tips buddy, I'll try your ideas out too :D

Aleksey I'll try out the new version tonight can't wait :D I have definitely seen a lot of analog circuit diagrams for analog compressors.  Would they be useful ?  If so, try out these...

http://www.triodeel.com/studio.htm

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.robgrow/circuits/circuits2.html

Keeup up the great work !

Cheers

Fots

alrighty, I tried 1.62, and yep, I prefer this release over 1.61, beautfiul stuff :D The U mode has really made a drammatic difference to the sorts of applications Crunchessor can be used.  Thank you so much !!!!!!!!

Please tell me if the analog circuits help you mate.

Is it hard to increase the drive range to 60 db ? would that cause incompatibility with previous versions ?

Cheers

Fots

Thanks for your feedback.  Glad it works better now.

Those circuitry links are not fully useful, because I do not have electrical engineering degree (only basical knowledge I've got in the institute).

ahh, sorry about that Aleksey, I'll look around for any other algorithmic based stuff :) When I did my thesis on DSP last year, I found hardly anything on compressors except for analog design's I'm afraid.  It is a pretty rare topic I think.  The closest thing I could find was Waveshaping although obviously, that is more to do with distortion, not compression as Waveshaping has no attack or release at all :D

I'll look around though and if I come up with anything I'll post it here for you :)

I'll stop bugging yu now ...  I promise :) Take care

Fots

Thanks!

Can someone explain what the "U" attack mode is supposed to be?  Is this like some kind of pseudo-soft knee?  What is it intended to accomplish or help with?

Looking forward to trying this.

"U" attack mode simply provides a MUCH more fast attack than other modes, nothing more than that.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First