Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor soundforge 8 +crunchessor

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I noticed this even a few versions ago and up to the latest version of crunchessor when used in soundforge 8 sums the stereo channels together so that left and right channels contain the same information.  For example if I have a click on right channel and music on the left channel they are combined when I insert crunchessor into the plugin chainer.  This is the only plugin that exibits this behavior in soundforge 8.

Anyone else have this?  Aleksey any ideas?

Please make sure F.Mono option is "off", otherwise Crunchessor works the way you described (processes left channel only and duplicates it to right channel).

Yes F mono is off, that was the first thing I checked.  Any other ideas?

From what I know Soundforge 8 natively supports VST plug-ins.  It can be a problem with their implementation.  For example, Crunchessor used with Cakewalk's VST-DX adapter in Soundforge works without any issues.

I have many plugins and crunchessor is the only one that I have tried that exibits this behavior.  It's my go-to compressor in cubase but for any work I do in soundforge I must use something else which is not that big of an issue for me but I thought you and others would like to know of this problem.

I have the exact same problem here.  From past experience I am certain Sony won't give a toss.  So......

I'll release a version with 'Sidech Off' switch - I think it's the case.  Soundforge 8 reports it is a 2.3 version host, but refuses to accept plug-in with 4 inputs.  This is not correct, of course.  Version 2.3 hosts should support any number of inputs in the plug-in and report which inputs are actually connected to this plug-in.

I've released Crunchessor beta 1.6.1 which features this fix.  You may disable sidechain processing now - this should help to get rid of that problem.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.