Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor styles

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello Aleksey,

today I tried the crunchessor on some Drum Tracks and as a Drum Bus Compressor.  I have to say that I liked it very much (although I have the UAD-1 comps)!

My favorite setting for the drum bus:

mode-clean, style-punch, filter-off, attack 20ms, release 25ms.

Very nice, how the different style settings are colouring the sound.

Beside punch and snappy I like the lopump –style.  But IMHO the lopump effect is somewhat to strong.

Is it possible to add a mode between “punch” and “lopump”?

Or is there a way to adjust the lopump intensity? (Would be great for Bus compression)

Thanks, for your good work!!!

think I`ll have to spend some money in the next days…

Regards,

vanielik

Here's user's manual text:

The "Style" selector gives you an opportunity to select an appropriate character of the compressor.  The selected `character' is most evident on the transient moments of the sound, i.e. when the compressor actually starts to work (reduces gain).  Here is a list of all Style options and what kind of filtering they apply:

* Flat: no filtering

* Punch: up to 3dB of gain at 5kHz, up to 3dB of gain at 64Hz

* Bright: up to 3dB of gain at 10kHz

* Clear: up to -3dB of gain at 1kHz, up to 3dB of gain at 64Hz

* LoPump: up to 6dB of gain at 64Hz

* Warm: up to 4dB of gain at 1kHz

* Dark: up to -3dB of gain at 8kHz, up to -3dB of gain at 9kHz

* Snappy: up to 6dB of gain at 2.2kHz, up to 6dB of gain at 6kHz

* Smooth: up to 3dB of gain at 1kHz, up to -6dB of gain at 10kHz

It is not possible to adjust these values, they are 'hardcoded' for simplicity.  I'm not also interested in making 'combo' modes as this may end in an infinitely long number of various modes.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.