Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor ableton live and sidechaining

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Is anyone using Crunchessor's sidechain inputs with Ableton Live 4?

I almost got the 1.3 demo to work, but then Live started crashing on me.  See this thread for more details:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14828

Sounds like it can be a problem with Ableton Live and its 4in/2out VST plug-in support.  For example, Crunchessor's side-chain was tested to work in Cubase SX3 and AudioMulch.

The problem still persists with Live 4.1 and the latest crunchessor beta.

Aleksey, are you sure the problem can't be fixed or worked around on your side?  I have reported this to Ableton Support several times during the last month, and they don't appear to intend to fix it.

I'll try to find what causing this problem.

Ok.  First of all Frank Hoffman has contacted me and it appears that the Live team are going to be investigating this, secondly, Frank says that the majority of bugs with plugins end up down to the plugin and not Live - and I've got a feeling its something to do with Crunchessor since the Slim Slow Sidechain compressor works flawlessly in Live.

Just to let you know you're not alone.

Good, I will immediately update Crunchessor.  The problem is, I do not know what I should update as Crunchessor's side chain works in many other hosts and all I do to support side-chain in Crunchessor is declaring 4inputs instead of 2inputs.  Everything else in plugin-host interaction (beside audio process itself) remains the same.

mnsh, BTW, have you tried using the latest beta 1.5b?  Probably you were experiencing the problem with side-chain and high quality mode engaged at the same time.  This problem has been fixed.

Aleksey, the version I tried is exactly 1.5b.  So this crash isn't related to the high quality mode problem.

OK, thanks for letting me know!  I've downloaded Ableton Live while its author gave me an NFR version.  I'll see if I can track down this bug myself.

Aleksey, I am getting frequent crashing in Live with the new Crunchessor 1.5 when I try to use sidechaining.  Usually it crases on exit or when I try to remove the plugin from a track.  I was actually not aware of this problem until I enabled the sidechaining to give a real try.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First