Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor Side-chain

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi everybody.

Does any of you know how to use the side-chain function in Nuendo?

Thanks for the help.

Rods

I suggest you to ask this question on the nuendo user forum.  From my experience with older Steinberg hosts (SX) it can be a tricky or impossible thing, depending on your host version.  Actually this is the reason why only Crunchessor so far implements a true side-chaining functionality.

Is it possible to use the side chaining in Sonar 3/4 via the vst adapter ?

I have no idea how to attribute 4 inputs to Voxformer in Sonar...

I think this is a question for Sonar forum, too.  However, I have my doubts about Cakewalk's VST adapter capability of multi-channel VST plug-in support.

so that answers the question! there is no multichannel capabilities for the VST plugins with the Cakewalk VST adapter... :-(

Any chance to have side chaining using 2 crunchessor plugs? (on different tracks)

Erik.

Sidechaining via two instances is not a reliable way to do it, and also this will introduce latency to Crunchessor.

Hi Aleksey,

as this doesn't seem to work with Nuendo, Sx, Sonar ...

Which host do You test it on ???

Just curious ... and a bit disappointed ;-)

( looks like we'll have to wait for VST3, which will have sidechaining ... )

bye, Jan

I can test how it works on a master bus of Cubase SX since it does support multi IO plug-ins.  Afaik both SX2 and Nuendo2 are capable of such sidechaining.  You should probably use surround mixer or child channel there (if I'm not mistaken about these features).

There is a way to get sidechaining in Nuendo and I would expect SX as well.

I'm not going to claim this is the perfect solution but one I've just knocked up to try side chaining with Crunchessor.

1.  Enable sidechaining in Crunchessor.

2.  Add a group track and set to Quadro (4.0).

3.  Route both track and control sources to the group.

4.  Use the surround panners to set the track source to front middle and the control source to rear middle.

5.  If you need output from your control source at the main bus, simply add a send and enable it.  You have to do it this way because I don't think you have pan control on sends in Nuendo which means the only way to control pan from the audio and control sources is to use their main outputs into the 4 channel group.

6.  Tweak the settings in Crunchessor and you should be getting side chaining.

I am sure there is a much simpler way so if anyone knows, I'd like to read about it.

Mark

Mark, thanks for the post.  Hope this works for most users.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First