Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor Crunchessor AU plugin user interface is not drawn in 32 bit Harrison Mixbus

I'm trying to use Crunchessor in Harrison Mixbus version 3.7, and because I need old AU plugins (like PSP StereoPack), I have to use the 32 bit version of Mixbus.

The user interface of the AU plugin is not being drawn, so it's unusable.  The same AU plugin _does_ work in Ableton Live 9, 32 bit, on the same machine.  The Crunchessor AU plugin does seem to work in the 64bit version of Mixbus v3.7, but like I said, I have other older plugins that require using the 32 bit version.

Here's a screenshot.  White window, so something is wrong somewhere.

http://imgur.com/qinxhdf

The operating system is Mac OS X 10.8.5.

Sorry, we can't probably solve this issue - Mac OS X has a lot of oddities related to legacy 32-bit code.

Do you think it might work in an older Mac OS X, or what do you mean by "legacy"?  By the way, in addition to Ableton Live 9 32 bit, the Crunchessor AU plugin also seems to work in old GarageBand '11, v 6.0.5, which seems to be a 32-bit program. "file GarageBand" prints: "GarageBand: Mach-O executable i386".

Yes, some software works fine even in 32-bit mode, the oddities are due to different "visual" modes (Carbon, Cocoa) of older Mac OS X versions.  In some older host software we could not get our plugins showing the user interface.  We can't fix this unfortunately as many older API functions in Mac OS X are currently deprecated, so we can reliably develop plugins for newer software only.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.