Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor Crunchessor (32 bit) does not show up on Windows 7 (64 bit)


Last

Next

Previous

First



... neither in Cubase 6.0.3, nor in StudioOne 1.6.5 or Reaper 4.01. :(

Any ideas what I should do?  I installed the latest version.

Regards,

Steffen


I think I found the reason: You mis-labelled the ZIP files (the zip labelled 64 bit is actually the 32 bit version, and vice versa - at least so it seems).

Regards,

Steffen


I've checked the labeling out - it's correct.  Well, win32/win64 versioning is indeed a problematic thing - for example, Mac OS X introduced "universal binaries" so that user does not have to think about the version to install.

But the 32 bit version still does not show up (the 64 bit version does). :(

If all else fails I can use the 64 bit version with JBridge, but's that's not really what I want to do.

... all your other 32 bit plugins work correctly though, and they are in the same folder.

I think it works now.  I removed the folder, reset the blacklist in StudioOne 32 bit, and unzipped the archive again.  StudioOne does recognize the plugin now - I'll try Cubase next.

Regards,

Steffen


Arrrrgh!

Now Soniformer is gone!

I had to delete all the XML files in Cubase's roaming folder that have to do with VST to make Cubase rescan EVERYTHING.  Now it does find Crunchessor, but it no longer finds Soniformer - which worked perfectly before.

:(

Why me?

Regards,

Steffen


I suggest you to put 32-bit and 64-bit plugins in completely different folders and configure Vst plugin folders accordingly.  Or simply decide not to use 32-bit hosts completely.

Ultimately, this is a problem which Microsoft should solve for the benefit of users.  Apple did it the right way obviously.


Yes, that's ONE thing Apple actually did right, I agree.

Anyway - I do have separate folder trees for 32/64 bit plugins.  I think it's Cubase which tries to drive me insane now.  But it won't succeed - I have gone through much more trouble before (e.g. writing software for a Mac :P).

I reinstalled Voxformer (sorry, I meant Voxformer above, not Soniformer).  And will start the same procedure again.  Maybe I should also get rid of some free plugins that I don't use anyway.  They may be causing some strange conflicts that only affect cubase but not StudioOne and Reaper ...

Thanks for your help anyway! :)

Regards,

Steffen

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First