Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor s/c in ableton

is it possible to use crunchessor for sidechaining, just like live's built in compressor?

with one key signal, you can compress multiple signals each with its own settings without adding unnecessary channels.

maybe something like the db audioware compressor (with sending audio between the plugin instances)

or something like a "sender" effect that can be inserted in the fx chain of the key in ableton, and then send the audio to the crunchessors

thanks

As far as I know, you can use Crunchessor's side-chain in Ableton Live.

yep i can use it, but you need to add "unnecessary" channels (or am i missing something?), while with the built in one, you dont have to, you just insert it on the channel, and select the s/c input.

with the audioware plugin, you have to insert one to the key source as well, but you dont need extra channels in neither of these cases

valuepack1: yep i can use it, but you need to add ''unnecessary'' channels (or am i missing something?), while with the built in one, you dont have to, you just insert it on the channel, and select the s/c input.

With VSTs it's impossible otherwise while Audioware plugin most probably uses a non-standard approach.

Isn't it possible the same way as the gliss eqs can send their graphs to each other?  But in this case we send the signal which is used to compress the other track, not the graphs

valuepack1: Isn't it possible the same way as the gliss eqs can send their graphs to each other?  But in this case we send the signal which is used to compress the other track, not the graphs

It's probably possible, but this is not a reliable technique.  That's why I won't pursue it.  Spectrum exchange has less strict timing requirements.

i understand.

thank you for the replies!

You are welcome!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.