Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor In button question

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

From the manual: "The In parameter can be also perceived as a threshold parameter available in conventional compressors."

As I understand it the drive control sets the threshold, adjusts the ratio accordingly and also apply make up gain.  So I wonder how does the In and Out buttons relate to drive.  It seems to me that they are redunant but I am probably wrong but I don't know how.  Is the In button for cases where the input signal is so low that you have to drive the compressor extremly hard to get a compression effect?  Some kind of preamp effect to give crunchessor a sensible level to work with otherwise it would/could create extreme ratios?  It would be nice of you to shed some light on this.

"In" knob was indeed added as a remedy against very low-volume signals.  But beside that it can be used as an additional compression control - for example, at the given Drive setting you may get more compression by increasing the "In" gain.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.