Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     BMS High Pass rolloff on surround channels

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I would like to use this plugin for use with my home theater computer.  I will be using it for bass management for music and movies.  The low pass rolloff for the subwoofer is variable.  When I have the surround channels set to "Move," what is the rolloff for the high pass filter?  Does it match the low pass rolloff or is it a set rate?

High-pass filter's roll-off is always around 12 dB/oct, because the transition region of the low-pass filter is quite soft.

It is written on the product page, "The main purpose of BMS is to evaluate low frequency content present in non-LFE channels during mastering." Since I am not using it for this purpose, but am listening to all frequencies, will I have difficulty in getting a flat frequency response if I use a low pass filter greater than 12 dB/oct?  Are the high pass and low pass outputs always in phase with each other regardless of the low pass slope?

For some background, I have been using a Behringer DCX2496 as an external crossover for bass management.  I can now use VST plugins in my audio playback program and would like to use BMS to manage the bass crossovers for music and movies.  The audio program has its own crossovers and the sound card drivers have their own crossover that could be used for bass management.  However, they aren't as flexible and, in listening to just the bass, the Voxengo BMS has the best sound quality.

BMS has linear-phase design, so its frequency and phase responses are flat.

That is great!  I'm going to use Voxengo BMS and some peaking plain filters in GlissEQ for complete bass management.  I really like the controls in GlissEQ and would like to see BMS updated sometime to match.

You are welcome!  BMS will be updated somewhere in the future - it's not of much priority, though.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.