Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo GlissEQ VST 2.4 released

Last

Next

Previous

First

We are very pleased to release the next update to our PC VST analog-style equalizer with dynamic equalization performance and real-time sonic spectrum analysis.

We would like to inform you that this version 2.4 offers you a new and a very different quality mode--the "Alt Quality".  This mode brings a whole new sonic quality dimension to GlissEQ.  If you want to achieve a really astounding bass range boosts and cuts give this mode a chance!

This version update also features a narrow-band sweeping function.  This function allows you to listen to a selectable narrow spectral band in order to hear what is going on there.

For your information, in GlissEQ, the spectrum of the track can be exported to any other instance of GlissEQ thus making interchannel spectrum overlaying possible.  This can help you to free frequency ranges in one track to allow the instrument in another track occupying these frequencies breathe.

Voxengo GlissEQ features:

• Convenient user interface
  • Five filter bands
  • Eight filter types
  • Real-time spectrum analyzer
  • Full/bar spectrum graph modes
  • Interchannel spectrum overlays
  • Bandpass filter sweeping
  • Extra efficient Dyn 0 mode
  • High quality mode
  • The "Alt" quality mode
  • Three dynamic modes
  • "A-to-B" comparisons
  • Factory presets
  • Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
  • Any sample rate is supported
  • Internal 64-bit processing
  • Native assembler DSP code

Voxengo GlissEQ VST is available for a discounted price of USD 59.95 ($20 off the regular price) which will be effective for two weeks.  For more information and downloads please visit the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com

The new alt-quality mode sounds absolutely superb!  For the first time I regret buying the sonalksis EQ. ;) Once my financial situation recovers I'll be buying Gliss EQ, for sure!  It's now IMHO the best native plugin EQ available, anywhere.  Period.

Btw.  Aleksey, did you get your RME HDSP 9632 card to work yet?  Opinions about it's sound and the genelecs?  I just got a note from Thomann today that my card is in the mail (hdsp 9632 with the balanced analogue and balanced AES/EBU optional outputs).  I'm expecting quite a dramatic sound quality difference from my current chain of M-audio Audiophile 2496 --> Yamaha MG10/2 mini-mixer ---> Genelec 8030

I'll be running the RME straight into the Genelecs which will bypass the sound degration that the cheap yamaha mixer does.  It'll also be interesting to compare the DBX 376 preamp's clock jitter to the RME's clock which is supposed to be very good (the dbx internal clock is superb).

Cheers!

bManic

I have not installed the RME card under WinXP still.  But I'm already evaluating the overall sound quality.  I do not have balanced outputs (only unbalanced RCA->XLR cable).  But from what I was told this is hardly a problem.  Balanced connection is told to have a better SNR, but I'm not sure if this is counts as I hear background hiss from Genelecs when in silence.

The sound is generally good from what I hear, with lot of detail across the whole spectrum.  In fact, most recordings I playback sound very 'toyish' with these speakers.  Only the best recordings sound like a solid work.

So, the only downside is the absence of a real gain knob on Genelecs which could allow me to get rid of the background hiss.  I already run them at -6 dB gain, but it cannot be lowered.  I do not need the full power these speakers deliver as this can damage hearing.

That's bad if the genelecs have noise.  Mine are very quiet.  I keep the volume on the genelecs on full and adjust in the mixer.  It's not a good way to manage levels but it's the way to do it if you're lazy like me. ;)

Are you sure the situation wouldn't improve with balanced cables?  Or do you mean the 'idle' hiss with no cables connected is already quite loud?

EDIT: aah also, forgot to mention that I found that same "toyish" sound to be very disturbing when I heard some of my old favourites.  The other cruel killer on old tracks is the very detailed dynamics that the genelecs give.  I can actually hear now how screwed up the dynamics on some 70's albums vocals are!  The vocals keep "wavering" all the time and you can hear the engineer tweaking faders in realtime!

Yes, hiss without cables connected is loud.  Power supply is grounded, etc, so I do not have a clue how to reduce the hiss.  On the other hand this hiss is not easily audible on distances > 1meter.

BTW, I have to set output on RME to -25 dB so that I get a decent level on Genelecs.  That's way too much IMO.  But other than that the sound is good.

Sounds very weird.  Do you have an accoustically treated room, aka quiet room?  In my living/bedroom when I have computer switched off and door closed and at night I can't hear my genelecs hiss unless I put me ear about 10cm to the tweeter.  Maybe you have much better hearing than me?  Maybe send an email to genelec and ask if that is normal?  I know they reduced the background hiss sunstantially in the new model compared to the old.  Not that I could really hear the hiss on the old model either.  Hope you get it sorted!

Ah, right now I do not think this is a problem.  Of course, at 10-20cm the hiss is very loud, but at 40-50cm it becomes a slight background only.  At 1meter it's not easily heard.  Since I plan to put these speakers at a distance of 1meter this should not cause much trouble at all.

Of course I like when I do not hear any hiss even at 10cm from the tweeter, but it's better to be practical.

The presonus central station is really the work of genious for daw guys

even as a presonus hater, it has really made my life a LOT easier!

I too am an RME guy

There shouldn't be any hiss.  Are you sure the speakers aren't faulty...?

What is presonus central station?  Why you have mentioned in this context of this thread?
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First