Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions r8Brain for Bitrate Conversion

I can use the console version of r8brain to convert only the bitrate, but not the gui version.  It insists that I change the samplerate.

I only want to change 32bit files to 24bit.

I know this is freeware, so I can't complain, but I wonder if this is a bug, or if perhapse I am doing something wrong converting only the bitrate.

Also, the quality setting on the console version seems to go from 1 to 4, is the higher number better?

Why I have disabled this in GUI version is because r8brain cannot do bit-depth conversion only.  In fact the console version performs resampling while it changes bit depth.  I'm sorry, but this behaviour cannot be changed.  However, I do plan to produce a professional sample rate converter in the future which will feature a dedicated bit-depth conversion.

Well thanks for a free tool.  I will continue testing this tool, for bitrate conversion, since at the time being it is within my price range. :-)

It sounded good on the 32 bit audio tracks I tried it on.

I guess I will buy the professional sample rate converter when you do produce it.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.