Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Pristine Space beta 1.2

Last

Next

Previous

First

It is now available for download.  The change list so far is:

1.  Various minor bugfixes.

2.  Multi-channel impulse file support implemented (including wave extensible file format).

3.  Dry and Wet levels of all convolution channels can be automated now.

4.  Impulse loading and recalculation speed increased.

5.  Macintosh AIFF file format support added.

http://www.voxengo.com/downloads/

Thanks Aleksey!  Awesome!

Yes, thanks alot.

We already had some use for the automation :-)

Yannick

Thanks for the info!

Beta v1.2d is available.  Additions to the change log:

6.  Impulse response resampling functionality implemented.  Now Pristine Space will automatically resample any impulse response if its sample rate differs from the host sample rate.  It is suggested that you use any external resampling program (e.g. r8brain) to reduce impulse loading times.

7.  Convolution channel's signal flow diagram info panel added.

8.  Search paths implemented.  These are useful when you have a situation where you load some old project which uses impulse response file which is not available in the original folder anymore.  To resolve this situation simply assign the path where this impulse resides now to one of the search paths and Pristine Space will automatically locate this impulse file for you.

9.  Slot and Envelope linking rules have been changed.  Now, if some slot/envelope is linked to another slot/envelope the latter cannot be linked itself to another slots/envelopes.  This was done to exclude circular linking which may cause unpredictable performance.  Previously created presets/settings will be checked against this rule and all unacceptable links will be reset to "---".

10.  Now, impulse response slot which was linked to another slot will derive the internal auto gain value from that slot.  This way it is possible to use split-channel impulse sets seamlessly, having auto gain value synchronized to a single slot.

11.  Unavailable audio input/output channels will be now hidden from the Aud In and Aud Out choice lists.

http://www.voxengo.com/downloads/

Thanks Aleksey -- I know that the auto search facility is going to save my life at least once, and probably more, this year!  The resampling is also a very useful facility -- no need to worry about matching sample rates any more.  And the linked auto-gain also an excellent touch for the "multi-channelers" out there.  The help file updates are helpful ;) too.

WRT linking, it's a bit confusing that it appears to be possible to link a channel to itself, and if it is possible (I realise it may not be) it really would make it easier to understand if all linked pots moved together.

I must admit I currently find the linking of channels very hard to understand -- for instance, I load up the True Reverb Stereo Send preset, and put an impulse into slots 1 and 2, then when I pan the input (in my host) fully left (so only slot 1 is being used) I find that altering either 2 or 4 wet level changes the right out level (because they are linked), but if I pan the input fully right (so only slot 2 is being used) only wet output 4 has any effect, output 2 doesn't.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I really find it very confusing, maybe it's a bug?

WRT the flow diagram, I expected something a little more detailed, something that actually showed each control type and where it fits into the signal path -- check the signal flow diagram in SONAR's manual/help file (type "signal flow" into SONAR's help) for a really nice example.

I've overlooked the 'self linking' of the convolution channels.  I'll get this fixed.

When conv channel is linked, its Dry and Wet controls become relative to the ones it is linked to.

To change total L output you should adjust channel 1's controls.  To change total R output you should adjust channel 4's controls.  You probably won't need to touch channel 2 and 3's controls.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:

I've overlooked the 'self linking' of the convolution channels.
I'll get this fixed.
When conv channel is linked, its Dry and Wet controls become
relative to the ones it is linked to.
To change total L output you should adjust channel 1's
controls.  To change total R output you should adjust channel
4's controls.  You probably won't need to touch channel 2 and
3's controls.
But should the controls which are linked to another control be disabled or not?, because it seems (in the above preset) that for the left input (slot 1) channel 2 wet volume is not disabled, but for the right input (slot 2) channel 2 wet output is disabled.  I would expect channel 2's wet vol to either be completely disabled, or to function for both slots.  Am I misunderstanding something, or is this not working correctly?

They should not be disabled, because they become 'relative' controls which can be also useful.

Can't understand why you think ch2's output is disabled - in the default preset the wet output stays at 0.0 dB relative to ch1.

I've checked this out and to me everything works as intended (with original presets, of course).

I'll check this out again, it's quite possible I've made a mistake here.

I'm trying to get my head around the relative thing -- does this mean that the value displayed by the "linked to" control is the value that is used when the "linked from" control is at 0dB, and that when the "linked from" control is at -12dB, the "linked to" control will be at its displayed value minus 12 dB?

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First