Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo Soniformer VST 2.1 released

Version 2.1 update of Soniformer--an advanced mastering compressor in PC VST format--is here.  It features weighting options which allow you to apply a weighting function over the spectrum.  Such weighting can be helpful when tuning the very low and very high frequencies.  Another addition is the "spectrum speed" switch which controls the visual update speed of the spectrum display.  Now you may set the update speed most comfortable to you.

Also, this version features control point snapping.  When the snapping' mode is enabled all control point movements will be snapped to the nearest spectral band.

Voxengo Soniformer features:

• Spectral compression technology
  • Envelope-driven parameters
  • 32-band spectrum analyzer
  • Gain change meters
  • Stereo linking envelope
  • Stereo width envelope
  • Two level detector types
  • "A-to-B" comparisons
  • Factory presets
  • Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
  • Sample rates up to 192 kHz supported
  • Native assembler DSP code
  • 64-bit internal precision

For more information and downloads please visit the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com

Thanks Aleksey - works great !  I tried the usual features last night in a current project that already had Soniformer2 set up.  Tonight I'll try out the new snapping feature and get more into the weighting.

Nice to hear!

Am I imagining things or did you optimize Soniformer2 a bit more?  I run 2 of them in series sometimes and it doesn't seem to hurt the cpu so bad now !  Thanks !

I agree, they do seem lighter on the old cpu juice ;)

Nice to know. :)

I'll just blurt this out I guess - any thoughts of an m/s detector type for Soniformer2 and/or Polysquasher when used as mastering tools?

What's m/s detector?

Hi Aleksey - I've just sent you an email with some details.  I'm just learning about it pretty much but it is the famous mid/side or sum/difference mic technique except used in compression.  M/S compression shows up in a variety of places from Manley varimu expensive hardware compressors to the free Endorphin VST plugin.

It gives one more technique for reaching into the stereo field besides the well known Left/Right linked/unlinked sidechain type compression that is popular.

I would very much like to see a middle/side compression thing too.  Using waves plugins and their M/S EQ + M/S compressor gives great possibilities to compress the stereo (side) and mono (middle) signals separately.  Unfortunately the waves plugins sound nowhere near as good as the voxengo plugins so.. please, pretty please! :D

Cheers!

bManic

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.