Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Polysquasher 1.2 beta

Last

Next

Previous

First

It is now available: http://www.voxengo.com/downloads/

Features the 'Dry' knob which is good for doing 'parallel' compression (which looks pretty interesting on the gain reduction scope).

The other useful thing here is 'Side HP' knob which controls the cutoff frequency of the built-in side-chain high-pass filter.

This is great.  I look forward to trying out this new feature soon.

Sorry, what is the HP filter doing?

It filters the side-chain signal.  When 'Side HP' is off, side-chain is the same as the sound your are hearing.

Thanks.  I see how it's working now.  I'm getting some great results with mode 3.  I also tried some parallel compression in mode 1 last night and thought it sounded like there was some change in phase.  Some of the panned transients were a little more forward in the sound stage.  I didn't measure it though.

I'll check that 'phase change' thing.  Possibly, I've overlooked something implementing the parallel mode.

Aleksey, I actually thought that what I was hearing was something you had intentionally implemented (it sounded a little like the effect from a BBE but more subtle and without the 'equalization').  I found it quite pleasing on some tracks and less pleasing on others.  On those tracks that I didn't like it, I switched back to mode 3.  I admit I haven't really tested it thoroughly enough to be exact.

Overall, it's a lovely little compressor that is quite flexible, especially now with the parallel compression, which I think everything should experiment with!

I'll have my BBE removed please ! :)

Maybe the direct sample delay isn't working as expected...

kylen

Sorry, Kylen, I didn't mean to shock you with such language ;-)

I seem to recall some talk that this plugin can make a mix more pronounced.  Perhaps that's the effect I was hearing, but it was a little too strong for my taste most of the time -- like the shape of the soundstage was being altered.

Yes, the latest 'parallel' addition should not cause any signal phasing...  Possibly, this is an effect of 'mode 1' coupled with the parallel compression.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First