Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions I heard about PultequEQ

Hi Aleksey.  I heard weeks ago about a new plugin called PultequEQ and this seems to sound very good.  Even someone compared it with his Urei EQ.  And now I heard that the plugin will have a compressor too, maybe a channelstrip?

The beta sounds very very good, but it's a little buggy with Wavelab and Nuendo now.

Cheers and keep the great work...  David.

PD: have u think in a tape emulation plugin to insert in all tracks? and in a summing algorythm stand-alone program?  All DAW mixers don't sound like the expensive analog ones.... ;-)

Are you talking about the UAD-1 plugin you need external hardware to run ?  Or is it something else...what is the web link ?

kylen

No...  A little EQ experiment by Aleksey called Pulteque.  Maybe he will change the name to avoid problems with legal patents.

David.

Ha Ha - I see - I like the sound of this already, count me in... kylen

PS I like your summing comment too.

Hope you are talking about this one: http://www.voxengo.com/temp/VoxengoPultequeA.dll

I'm wondering, what's buggy with it?

As for 'tape emulation', currently I don't have any idea how it could work...

Hi Aleksey...  It doesn't change the sound and I'm tweaking the knobs.

The same in Nuendo, only a few times.

Cheers.

Interesting ...

Are You still working on this, Aleksey ??

bye, Jan

Holy Smoke that thing sounds good - I'm not usin it anymore cause the demo protection makes me grit my teeth !

I installed it using Directixer, I'm using the Peak setting - I can't get the shelves to work.  What the heck is open,closed, and semi ?  I'm just a poor boy a long way from home - I've never touched a Pultec so I wouldn't know what that stuff is.

Boy that thing sounds good !  Gawd !  I spent Sunday re-balancing a mix and this thing just picked it up ripped it in half and put it back together...with 4 bands no less...

kylen

First of all, it won't work with mono signals.  You have to use stereo material.

It also does not implement shelving filters (only a place hold for these is there).

Jan, I've left this one for the near future.  I still have a couple of things to do with Redunoise.

Open/Semi/Closed is a switch which selects the internal 'transfer function' for the filters (these filters are dynamic by their nature).  Generall, the 'Close' mode will give you a very slight change, and you'll end up with a very 'tight' sounding equalization. 'Open' mode gives sound very close to an ordinary hardware EQs (yeah, that 'cheap' sound).  But it's still different.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.