Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo SPAN 2.10 FFT spectrum analyzer plugin released

Last

Next

Previous

First

Voxengo SPAN version 2.10 update is now available for download.  SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for professional music and audio production applications.  For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.  SPAN is available in AudioUnit, AAX, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.6 and later), and Windows computers.

List of changes in version 2.10:

• Added "Cyan" color scheme.
  • Fixed "Bypass" switch in VST3 in Cubase.
  • Made the user interface scale switchable without host reload.
  • Added 90%, 110% and 150% visual scales.
  • Added ProTools 12+ AAX64 support.

Voxengo SPAN 2.10 Screenshot

SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences.  You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope.  Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum).  Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.

SPAN also features output level metering with adjustable ballistics and integration time, K-system metering (including calibration K-system metering).  SPAN displays level metering statistics, headroom estimation and clipping detection.  Correlation metering is available as well.

SPAN features:

• Output signal power statistics
  • Spectrum smoothing
  • User interface window resizing
  • Clipping statistics
  • Correlation meter
  • K-metering
  • Stereo and multi-channel analysis
  • Mid/side analysis
  • Internal channel routing
  • Channel grouping
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • A/B comparisons
  • Contextual hint messages
  • All sample rates support

Voxengo SPAN and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/

Is there anything explaining how to route and setup mid/side analysis in SPAN Plus?

Is there anything explaining how to route and setup mid/side analysis in SPAN Plus?

I hadn't checked yes for the box to send responses to email, but I'm on a time frame right now, and would love to know how to setup Mid/Side Anlysis for Voxengo Span Plus in Logic Pro?  Or any DAW...it is explained that the routing is a tricky and sometimes DAW specific, yet, there is no information explicitly explaining it how to setup all the wonderful features.  I specifically want to setup m/s analysis for my master and a reference master and view them simultaneously ( I have figured out how to do this with regular stereo signals fine in Logic Pro ).  The beauty of this product is that I can visually see the data, not just process it..this is invaluable tool if you could provide information on how to do M/S this way, it would make this product very unique for everyone and worth the purchase I've made

In SPAN you can load Mid-Side Stereo Routing preset.  It's very simple.

Thank U Aleksey Vaneev for your response, I will check this out thank you!

I opened an instance of span, went to presets in to left corner, under Session Bank it only has Defualt, Stereo Mastering, Lo Freq Inspection, under Factory ROM it reads the exact same, nothing about Mid/Side..Under Routing, and Routing Presets, there's nothing, looks like where I would maybe save my own routing presets once I get them..ill save my M/S presets there if you can first explain how to route it or where I can find the Mid/Side Preset..This is Voxengo Span Plus in Logic Pro.

Please press the down arrow button near the Presets button.

I did press that arrow and that's how I found the things I just described, they were all the options that come up whether I press the arrow or press the preset button itself.

clxproductions: I did press that arrow and that's how I found the things I just described, they were all the options that come up whether I press the arrow or press the preset button itself.

There is also an down arrow button near the Routing button - please press it, it will display the list of Routing presets which includes Mid-Side Stereo preset.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First