Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo releases Elephant 1.2

After a bit of development time, we are pleased to announce the release of Elephant 1.2--a transparent mastering limiter in PC VST format.

This newer version implements two so called AIGC (Automatic In Gain Control) modes.  AIGC automatically adjusts the specified In Gain value delivering a much more clean limiting than you can get with the default mode without the AIGC enabled.  Even though AIGC can give a cleaner sound, at high In Gain settings it can create a slight pumping effect.  In most cases pumping AIGC mode creates is not perceived like a classical unpleasant volume pumping.  AIGC's pumping is generally more ear-friendly, it mostly follows the program material's flow.

Elephant's features:

• Transparent limiting action
  • Gain reduction VU meters
  • 3 limiting modes
  • 7 speeds for various styles of music
  • Built-in bit depth converter
  • Automatic attack and release
  • DC removal filter
  • "A-to-B" comparisons
  • Factory presets
  • Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing modes
  • Sample rates up to 96 kHz
  • 64-bit internal precision

To get more information and downloads you can visit the Voxengo website: http://www.voxengo.com

Hi Aleksey,

I am a bit confused as there is actually no more beta version to download.

Is Elephant 1.2 newer than beta 1.2d?

Regards

teacue

Yes, of course.  Versions with a letter denote a prerelease versions.  And then when letter disappears, we have the final version, with the same numbering.

OK, thanks Aleksey.

I always thought after 1.2a, 1.2b ...  1.2x, 1.2y would come 1.3 ;-)

Regards

teacue

Aleksey,

I have to agree with teacue.  I was also expecting a version 1.3.  But thanks anyway.  Will try straight away.

In fact, I'm using that scheme for a pretty long time already.  I don't see any problem as long as this scheme applies to all updates.  Anyways, thanks for comments!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.