Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Elephant 1.2d

Last

Next

Previous

First

I'm not sure if it is actually possible to 'manipulate' the harmonics freely.  I know several various harmonic exciters/enhancers, but I do not like their approach since it allows to overdrive the high end of the spectrum easily.  They mostly sound overcoloured and heavy this way.

What you have in both CurveEQ and Lamothruster is a more 'natural' way to add harmonics and to increase the general warmness.  As far as I'm concerned, high-end audiophile tube equipment achieves its sound due to the same 'natural' harmonic creation.

The effect of LT is generally subtle, but if you really want to get the fine sounding, you can experiment with chains of Lampthruster, CurveEQ, some mastering compressor (SF can work pretty well here).  For example, having two LTs work in a chain before and after CurveEQ and SF can give some pretty obvious fattening/warming, without the excessive distortion or heavy overcolouring.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First