Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions CurveEQ 1.8n

Last

Next

Previous

First

OK, v1.8n beta is available which is mostly close to the release version.

Number of matching points can be selected 'just in time' now.  Problems with the older captured spectrums have been solved too.

http://www.voxengo.com/downloads/

In light of the newer CurveEQ and lampthruster...  We are interested in purchase a whole second set of voxengo plugins (to help support the developer), for our mastering house (and use our current license around the studio)...  Is there a bundle, or will there be a bundle with CurveEQ, Elephant, Sonic Finalizer and Lampthruster?  OR IS it simply most cost effective to purchase The mastering bundle + lampthruster intro?

-Robert

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for the new version, but it only "basicaly" fixes the Matched Spectrum bug.  Just load up an Captured Spectrum from an older version of CurveEQ (like the one i already send you) and compare the match the new version makes, its alot different from what version 1.8k will make for example (using the normal 30 bands what the old sepctrum also was captured with).  Can you please fix it, i need the matches to be the same like in the older versions, but they are to different now when using old captured spectrums.  PLease please make accurate fix for this one as it is really important for me, otherwise i fear 1.8k would be my last curveeq version i can use.

Regards.

Hi there again,

i also noticed another problem, today i did a EQ adjustment on a 44khz file, but later i needed to upsample it to 96khz, then i noticed that the SAME settings i used in curveeq on the EXACT same file that is now 96khz sound alot different (i.e. it seems to boost more or less on some bands).  I converted down to 44khz again (cause i tought i do something wrong) and saved the file to another filename.  Then i directly A/B compared CurveEQ on this both files (that are exactly the same, just that one is 44khz and one is 96khz) and it really sounds very different with the same settings.  Could you get right of that please ?  Thanks for your great work.

Regards.

Robert, currently buying Lampthruster and Mastering Suite will cost the same amount as if I made a 4-plugin bundle.  This is due to the intro price for the LT.

Guest, OK, I'll check the matched spectrums.  I guess now they at least don't bug?

As for 44.1k -> 96k migration, this is a known issue.  However, I have not documented it (I'll do it for the release).  Since CurveEQ uses a fixed-size kernel, it will sound different in the lower frequencies for different sample rates.  Also, GearMatch options (if they were used) will definitely sound different at 96k (this is documented).

Also, I don't see any reason for upsampling if you need equalization only.  The quality of CurveEQ's equalization does not depend on the sample rate.

Hi Aleksey,

yes, the Spectru Match doesnt bug anymore, but its not the same results as with 1.8k.  And for the 96khz thing, i usually work at 44khz when making a song to keep CPU usage low (but using 96khz samples already).  Then when exporting the project (its for DVD) i switch the sample rate to 96khz cause it dont mind there, because its calculated offline.  But then CurveEQ sounds totaly different :-( Could you please think off a fix for this problem?  Its really important for me, otherwise i have to use Waves REQ again which doesnt do that but also isnt as good as CurveEQ, please please please help Aleksey.  I dont need Gearmatch to work at 96khz, but the normal EQ at least.  I think a plugin should be 96khz compatible these days.  Big thanks already.

Plug-in IS compatible with 96kHz.  But it is not possible to switch between 44.1kHz and 96kHz seamlessly.  This is a technical limitation only and I don't currently see any way to solve it.

BTW, SpectruMatch gives pretty the same results if you use spectrum (.cqs) files.  Of course, if you are using older destination spectrum and matching the program material's spectrum with the current version, you will have differences, because now CurveEQ captures 60 bands instead of 30.

So, you can solve this inconvenience by capturing spectrums you need with the previous version and saving these using the 'F' menu.

But even with my old captured spectrums that where default of 30 bands (cause you couldnt select it before) and i select 30 bands under Match it bot versions gives different results on the same file.  Well about the 96khz thing, i guess there is no way then and i must kick CurveEQ and use Waves REQ, thanks anyway for the help.

ah btw, i wonder why it is working with the EQ´s from Waves btw and they can make that possible without changes in the sound?

How can you compare curve eq with an any analog-style eq?

As for SpectruMatch, it works differently now.  It will give exact results only using matching through file options. 'M' button will return different results to what you previously had.

BTW, you are typing 'Guest' name always, which looks strange...  You are kicking CurveEQ too easily...  I'm just wondering, are you a registered user after all?

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First