Voxengo SPAN version 2.9 update is now available for download. SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for professional music and audio production applications. For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN is available in AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.6 and later), and Windows computers.
List of changes in version 2.9:
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added "Brown" and "White" color schemes.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Made internal channel names start at "C" to reduce confusion with the A/B comparison buttons.
- Reduced plugin file size considerably for faster loading.
- Reduced the overall memory consumption.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
SPAN also features output level metering with adjustable ballistics and integration time, K-system metering (including calibration K-system metering). SPAN displays level metering statistics, headroom estimation and clipping detection. Correlation metering is available as well.
- Output signal power statistics
- Spectrum smoothing
- User interface window resizing
- Clipping statistics
- Correlation meter
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis
- Mid/side analysis
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
Voxengo SPAN and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived. Replying is disabled for this topic.