Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Mastering chain

I'm new to self-mastering.  I purchased several Voxengo plugs and also own UAD plugs.  Can someone please suggest a simple mastering chain for a .wav file.  Music genre is blues rock.  I may experiment with stems as well.  Thanks.  Bob

These forums are for technical support mainly, so I suggest you to post a similar question on more popular forums like KVRAudio.com

Using Voxengo plug-ins, you can start with Polysquasher (Soniformer) then CurveEQ (GlissEQ) then Elephant.

thanks Aleksey, that's a start.  Bob

A very effective mastering chain can be built from just a single compressor, a single EQ, and a limiter (I use Voxengo Elephant mainly).  You might wanna add something for M/S coding too, the Voxengo MSED is freeware, and possibly something for saturation/tape emulation if you are doing it all in the box.

Mastering is more about the experience, room, and monitoring, than it is about specific tools.

thanks for your reply.  I agree, less is more.  I have a good selection of plugins to choose from, and do have the Voxengo Elephant and MSED, among others.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.