Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo Elephant 3.3 released

Last

Next

Previous

First

Voxengo Elephant update version 3.3 is now available for download.  Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista computers.

Version 3.3 update includes the following changes:

• "Radial" knob mode can be now disabled completely.
  • "Off-Line Render" indication added.
  • Global level metering parameters added.
  • A/B switch visual appearance changed.
  • Knob read-outs now require a single click for keyboard entry.
  • Occasional crashes in WaveLab and other hosts fixed.
  • Host sample rate switch-related problem fixed.

Voxengo Elephant 3.3 Screenshot

Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools.  Elephant's built-in linear-phase oversampling is a new standard in quality peak limiting and loudness maximization.  Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate.

Elephant features:

• Transparent signal limiting action
  • 10 predefined limiter modes
  • Limiter mode editor
  • Optional release stage
  • Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
  • DC offset removal filter
  • Multi-channel processing
  • Internal channel routing
  • Channel grouping
  • Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
  • 64-bit floating point processing
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • A/B comparisons
  • Contextual hint messages

Voxengo Elephant is available on-line for USD 89.95.  Voxengo Elephant demo can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/

Thanks!

You are welcome :-)

what is the global level metering ?

Well, I've probably called it incorrectly.  I meant level metering parameters (integration time, release time, peak hold time) that affect all instances of Elephant.

I would like to be able to recalibrate the K20 meter.  Now it goes to +24 dB, and has no clear indication at +20 dB.  Also a peak headroom memory and a RMS headroom value would be handy.

Why do you need a "clear indication at +20 dB"?  When you went above +4 dB you are already at a dangerous levels.

Peak hold and release time can be changed in the Settings window.

Clearly we are not understanding each other correctly.

In the K20 scale +20dB corresponds to 0 dBFS.  Your K20 scale goes to +24, with no clear marker at +20.  This makes it more difficult to aim at peaks of +20 dB without hitting the limiter too much (for classical material).

I do not see any reason why +4 dB is dangerous (peak, RMS I would kindof agree), this leaves 16 dB of headroom.

Will a peak meter turning red suffice (white when it's below +20), or do you want to see +20 as a highest mark on the level meter? (I do not really want to see +20 on the level meter as it is not divisible by 6 - while 6 is a cornerstone figure for decibel scale.

Well, to make it clear, I'm not really satisfied with K metering - it is full of "stuff" not really reasonable like biasing calibration where 0 dBFS peaking sine-wave's RMS stays at 0 dBFS - if we are measuring loudness, 0 dBFS sinewave's power is -3 dBFS, NOT 0 dBFS as per K metering.  Absence of 6 dB steps awareness in K metering is also very problematic, together with non-linear metering requirement.  Sounds like single mastering engineer's preference wanting to become a standard - not really cool in by book.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First