Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Portable Plugins

Dandruff: Are these Vember Audio plug-ins have some kind of customization or at least require key?

no key, but surge writes presets into subfolder(s).

OK, I think I can implement read-only settings retrieval from the DLL folder - this can be used for key storage, for example.  I won't implement settings writing for the reason I've mentioned so that nothing breaks.  However, Application Data file will be of higher priority, so that you can still make changes to the setting retrieved from the DLL folder with the exception that the newer setting will be stored and retrieved from the Application Data folder.  If this is unsatisfactory to you, I may simply skip implementing it at all.

In the future I may also switch to a single settings file instead of bunch separate setting files, but this is of no priority.

read-only from dll folder is fine. but not just key, also settings would be nice.

Dandruff: read-only from dll folder is fine. but not just key, also settings would be nice.

Yes, of course, but if you decide to change them their new state will be stored in the Application Data.

that's ok.

or maybe you can check the os version to only store it in application data folder if the user is running vista (otherwise store in dll folder)?

Dandruff: or maybe you can check the os version to only store it in application data folder if the user is running vista (otherwise store in dll folder)?

No, I won't do that.  Even without that it turns to be a 'personal Dandruff's feature', and you are asking for too much.  I have to follow normal programming techniques and store program's data in Application Data.  It's not DOS anymore.  You'd better ask Microsoft to implement relocatable Application Data - maybe you can do that already via some symbolic links.

ok. read-only is fine too.

I've implemented this feature - it will be available in all future updates.  However, this feature is "unofficial" - I won't even mention it in the user guide until other users ask for it as this is too "technical".

cool, many thanks!

;)

Note that I've just posted Overtone GEQ beta which implements this feature.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.