Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions SRC Shootout

Last

Next

Previous

First

Fine, thanks! :)

One last question...

I see this test only shows results of 'down-sampling'.  Does up-sampling create such problems?

I have a set in Ableton Live 6 that contains some 44.1 tracks, but is composed mostly of VSTi synthesizers.  Would rendering this at 96Khz create problems with the 44.1 tracks?  If so, would 88.2Khz be more transparent than 96Khz becuase it is a simple doubleing of the sample rate?

I'd like to render at a sample rate slightly higher than 44.1 because it still requires some mastering.

I ask this question here, Aleksey, because you clearly understand what you are doing and you're one of the few that won't give me a 'bullshit' answer :-D

Funkstar De Luxe: I have a set in Ableton Live 6 that contains some 44.1 tracks, but is composed mostly of VSTi synthesizers.  Would rendering this at 96Khz create problems with the 44.1 tracks?  If so, would 88.2Khz be more transparent than 96Khz becuase it is a simple doubleing of the sample rate?

In the case of r8brain PRO there should be almost no quality difference beside conversion time between 88.2k and 96k.  If you want to get results faster simply use 88.2k.

Really happy with the R8BrainPRO, a worthwhile purchase.

As far as the differences between its linear phase and minimal phase goes.

To my ears the linear phase gives a much more defined precise sound on the transients (in some ways almost moreso than the original!), the minimum phase... dare i use the word 'warmer' .  I'm not sure, but I tend to favour the minimal phase sound and that's the setting i'm using :)

I still dont quite get why the phase shift degree shown on the SRC infinitwave site for r8brainpro minimum phase setting is such a massive swing from 2000hz onwards to over 180 degree shift (none of the others have anything as far off-phase as that!).  That was my one concern before getting it that it would completely alter the soundstage, but the way it sounds certainly doesn't alter that much from the impression that that graph gives.

Just goes to show, its all about how it sounds folks!.  If it sounds good, thats all that matters :)

Can't tell much about the phase, really.  Theory says this not desirable, but practice says the opposite.  I guess, it is all about artistic use of tools mathematics offers us. :) Beside that ears are also a part of the equation, while I doubt anybody can tell much about ears from the artistic (subtle emotional perception) side of things.  So, let's live with it.  If a better explanation will be found, it will be given. :)

One thing I am not understanding is the "phase" result of r8brain free.

It and Sonar are the only ones that seem to have an extreme phase shift?  Am I reading it wrong?

I just want to understand.

Also Sonar's results are almost all the same so I am presuming they included the voxengo dll.

TTOZ, I do not think they are similar.

I'm also sure that 180 degree flip is a flow of this test - not of r8brain free. r8brain free does not flip the phase.  They should have checked waveforms manually.

Ok well I guess I just didn't understand why r8brain Pro did not do it, r8brain free was the only one out of all the src used in that test (and sonar)

I meant 'flaw' of that test, not 'flow'.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First