Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Analogflux Suite A couple of quick questions

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hello kylen, it's as Aleksey says: volume isn't usually modified by using this "draft" mode.  Just take a look, for example, at how sfz implements it: you have several quality interpolation modes, with incremental CPU use.  It supposes a big CPU save, as you can work in an intermediate or low mode (which sounds pretty good), and simply switch to the highest quality when rendering.  Another fine example is Ambience, in this case it's a knob which controls the quality, from 0 to 100%.  At 50-60% it saves A LOT of CPU resources (10% on an Athlon 2600+), while still sounding good.

Perhaps it would be like this:

If the downsampling filtered the top end it would make the track cut through less.  You would probably push up the fader to compensate.  This could distort the balance of the mix when the full bandwidth was restored.

Phil

Phil, of course, downsampled quality may not be applicable to all FX.  For example, it may work well with compressor or delay plug-in.

I'll just have to wait and hear it.  If during mixing something renders a tad different than how you have set the controls maybe that's OK (maybe it isn't), in mastering I'm thinking it's not OK at all.

And if you can't hear the difference between draft mode and normal mode then what do we need normal mode for?

These are the things in the way of my appreciating draft mode - but I'll wait and see how it's implemented and how it sounds.  I'm not too open minded about it yet, hehe...:)

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First