Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Analogflux Suite A couple of quick questions

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hello Aleksey, I just wanted to ask a couple of question about the future of this bundle:

1) Is the update you announced some weeks ago, which was supposed to include the short .dll names, planned to be released before the introductory price ends?  I'm asking this because I'm holding my breath before purchasing the bundle, as I don't want to use the cuurrent version of the plugins in a song, and then find that v1.1 causes an incompatibility with the old .dll's due to name changes.

2) would it be possible to implement, in a future update, a "quality" knob and an "always render audio in maximum quality" button for some of the most CPU intensive plugins? (tape bus and impulse, especially).  I think you implemented something similar for Elephant, don't know it for sure, and Steinberg also used the feature in their recent Roomworks reverb plugin.  It would be a killer feature.

Jorge

I can't answer #1 with complete certainty, but I think that you will have no incocmpatibility problems with .DLLs with different names.  I have kept/renamed some old DLLs for GlissEQ and they all seem to work fine still.  I would purchase now, the bundle is fantastic!

Most of Aleksey's plugins have this new Auto quality selector now, and I think he intends to update all his plugins with such a feature.

Speaking of quality switches - since Tapebus already oversamples 2x, let's have a 4x option for delicate tasks (and of course Auto select)!

Thanks for the response Brian.  I think that the incompatibility problems depend on the host you use and how it identifies the plugin itself.  In my case, I know for sure that SX3 won't recognize the plugins if their names are changed, that's why I'm asking.

I've decided to make transition smoother.  I will rename plug-ins AND their IDs.  This way you may still continue to use previous versions while be able to use newer version with new projects.  Previous version presets can be also loaded using the 'Presets...' menu (since standard host's preset load function may not work).

Jorge, I will be possibly implementing a High Quality switch for TapeBus plug-in, but not for the other plug-ins as this is not necessary (i.e.  Impulse already works at the highest quality possible).

Thanks Aleksey, good to know about the ID change, it's really a good solution to avoid incompatibility problems.

On the other hand, what I was saying about the "quality" knob wasn't exactly the implementation of a High quality mode, which is always cool, but more on the opposite: it would be useful to have a "draft" mode for playback, which used less CPU, but also have the possibility to make the plugin always render on the best quality when exporting the song.  So that "quality" knob would work as a kind of quality percent selector.  Something similar to what Ambience/Roomworks/sfz+/z3ta+ have.

I understand your concern.  I do not really think such 'draft' mode might be useful, but I'll see if I can implement it in the future updates (not anywhere soon, though).

Aleksey, thank you very much for considering my idea.  I really believe it can be very useful in situations where the CPU is almost consumed and you don't want to freeze tracks.  However, its usability would also depend on the amount of CPU you can save by putting the plugin in "draft" mode, in some cases it won't be significative, but in some others (convolution plugins) it can make the trick.

Jorge - wouldn't 'draft mode' confuse the actual balance of the mix or master and lead to incorrect judgements for other settings ?  What's your thinking on this ?  Thanx

As I see this, draft mode is simply a downsampled mode (2x or 4x) meaning that overall sound should remain the same and only the higher frequencies will be 'hidden'.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First