Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Analogflux Suite random modulation

Last

Next

Previous

First

Do you agree that using Bootsies plugin, Tessla(for mild saturation) and following it with Insert on each channel would sound similar to an analog console(minus the specific frequency response of any nice mixing desk)?  If not, why?

Or what if I were to put a Waves SSL channel, Tessla, and Insert on each channel?

fatcat: Do you agree that using Bootsies plugin, Tessla(for mild saturation) and following it with Insert on each channel would sound similar to an analog console(minus the specific frequency response of any nice mixing desk)?  If not, why?

fatcat: Or what if I were to put a Waves SSL channel, Tessla, and Insert on each channel?

Insert is not what I would call a "console" emulation.  It is a modulation noise emulation, it will sound more like you have a multi-track reel-to-reel tape.

What exactly does the Insert plugin do, with the modulation noise at 0%?

What part of the audio is randomized each time I insert the plugin?

I love what this plugin does, I just want to fully understand it so I can use it most effectively, or in new more effective ways.

fatcat: What exactly does the Insert plugin do, with the modulation noise at 0%?

The noise setting is relative.  At 0% the effect is minimal, but is still present.

fatcat: What part of the audio is randomized each time I insert the plugin?

The whole frequency range is affected, but highs are affected (time-shifted) more.

fatcat: I love what this plugin does, I just want to fully understand it so I can use it most effectively, or in new more effective ways.

It is a tape modulation noise.  You may perform a nulling test by extracting processed audio from the original audio to hear the shift the Insert plug-in does.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First