Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Analogflux Suite Clarification: what exactly is disabled when you use the Tape Bypass mode?

Greetings Aleksey... love your software...

Here's something I'm not sure about.  When I switch TapeBus into Tape Bypass mode, what exactly is disabled?  From your description:

The TapeBus plug-in recreates characteristic elements of the reel-to-reel tape sound.  This includes saturation, modulation noise and smearing effects which are known for the 'analog' feel they bring to any audio recording.  This plug-in also applies a selected impulse response taken by us from the existing tape machine.

In Tape Bypass mode, is only the last feature disabled (convolution with a tape machine impulse)?

Obviously, the saturation stage is still happening, because I can hear it and see the effects on the waveform.  But are the modulation noise and phase smearing effects still present?

And a related question... does the Insert plugin do something unique?  I've always assumed TapeBus did the same stuff as the Insert plugin, in addition to a few more thing.... but maybe I'm wrong.  Should I be using Insert and TapeBus together for best effect?

Thank you,

-Garret

Tape Bypass removes tape impulse response and phase smearing associated with it.  It does not remove saturation and modulation noise.

'Insert' plug-in is rather subtle - it applies modulation noise alone, but can apply it stronger than TapeBus can do this.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.