Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Discussions     AcuDrums Drum Samples Multi Mic version

Hi.  Bought few drums.  Sound enough crisp!  But the audio demos of your drum service sound much "roomy" in good way than its separate sample libraries.  It could be much more desired product with ability to play with different mics levels to achieve needed space without any additional reverb.

The best,

DMK

Audio demos of the drum service sound roomy only because of inter-drum resonances that happen during the drumming.  The sampled drum hits cannot capture this phenomenon good enough.  The microphone blend used in the drum library samples is similar to what we use for the drum service demos.

All in all, I do not personally see much benefit in having multi-mic samples - most required adjustments can be done by equalizing (e.g. boost 200 Hz for direct snare drum tone, boost 13kHz for more room presence, etc.).

Are you thinking about adding some OH mics with the samples also?  That would be great..

Thanks

Jason

jwnc: Are you thinking about adding some OH mics with the samples also?  That would be great..

This is not planned at the moment.  I've outlined my vision in the message above.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.